Join the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), in cooperation with the MacDill Military & Family Readiness Center, MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida, on Tuesday, March 28 from 10:30 a.m. to noon ET to learn about starting your own business and the resources and tools that can help you succeed. From honing your business plan and protecting your brand and ideas, to market analysis and financing, we’ve got every angle of entrepreneurship covered.
This free virtual session will include experts in business development and intellectual property (IP) protection, as well as successful military spouse and veteran entrepreneurs.
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. —Panel 1: Entrepreneurship essentials workshop
- Kathi Vidal — Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO
- Kelly Douglas — MacDill Chapter Lead, Association for Military Spouse Entrepreneurs
- Russ Barnes, Ph.D., Col USAF (ret) — Vice President of Education, Tampa Action Zone
- Linda Olson — President and CEO, Tampa Bay Wave
- Yanina Rosario — Associate Director, Tampa Bay Small Business Development Center
11:15 a.m. to noon —Panel 2: Fireside chat with veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs
- Brian Butler — President and CEO, Vistra Communications
- April Caldwell — Co-founder and CEO, fayVen
- Lakesha Cole — Co-founder and Principal Publicist, she PR
For more information and to view the livestream, visit the event page on the USPTO website.
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
10:30 am - 12:00 pm