A three to four hour, user-friendly seminar to instruct parties interested in launching nonprofit entities. Cost is $120 for GLA members ($10 for additional member guests), $150 for non-members. Members must email GLA at email@example.com to ask for the discount code.
Georgia Lawyers for the Arts has been offering this class since 1982 and in recent years for the Foundation Center of Atlanta. Many local attorneys attend these sessions. The primary purpose of the session is to place participants in a knowledgeable posture on the legal, filing, and reporting requirements for nonprofit organizations as well as establishing best nonprofit organizational practices from inception. Since 9-11, the IRS raised the bar substantially in acquiring tax-exempt status. The growth in our knowledge on these issues has been commensurate with IRS regulatory and reporting evolution in the field.
- Mechanics of acquiring nonprofit corporate status
- IRS Limiting Language
- Distinctions in business entities
- Board liability and exposures
- How the corporate shield works
- Indemnity and Insurance
- Nonprofit Governance and Bylaws review
- Nonprofit Board roles, responsibilities, and fiduciary duties
- Running efficient governance meetings
- Conflict of Interests
IRS TAX EXEMPTION
- Mechanics of acquiring 501(c)(3) status
- Distinctions in IRS tax exemptions
- Form 1023 review (line-by-line)
- Assembling the IRS Supplemental Application Package
- Compliance Issues
At this time, online registration is only available when paying through PayPal. If you want to pay by cash or check, please call us at 404-873-3911 to register.
***Please note that the discounted GLA Member rate only applies to current members.
Wednesday, November 06, 2019
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Georgia Lawyers for the Arts
887 West Marietta St. NW, Suite J-101
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Bookings are closed for this event.