A three to four hour, user-friendly seminar to instruct parties interested in launching nonprofit entities. The cost is $120 for GLA members ($10 for additional member guests up to 3 guests) and $150 for non-members. See details below:
$150 per ticket
|GLA Member Discount***||Save $30.00 ($30 off the first ticket)||$120 for 1 ticket|
|GLA Member Discount w/ 1 Guest***||Save $170.00 ($30 off the first ticket, $140 off the second ticket)||$130 for 2 tickets|
|GLA Member Discount w/ 2 Guests***||Save $310.00 ($30 off the first ticket, $140 off each of the other tickets)||$140 for 3 tickets|
|GLA Member Discount w/ 3 Guests***||Save $450.00 ($30 off the first ticket, $140 off each of the other tickets)||$150 for 4 tickets|
***Please note that the discounted GLA Member rate only applies to current members.
If you would like to become a member, please visit https://glarts.org/for-artists/.
Georgia Lawyers for the Arts has been offering this class since 1982 Many local attorneys attend these sessions. The primary purpose of the session is to place participants in a knowledgeable position on the legal, filing, and reporting requirements for nonprofit organizations as well as establishing best nonprofit organizational practices from inception. Since 9-11, the IRS raised the bar substantially in acquiring tax-exempt status. The growth in our knowledge on these issues has been commensurate with IRS regulatory and reporting evolution in the field.
- Mechanics of acquiring nonprofit corporate status
- IRS Limiting Language
- Distinctions in business entities
- Board liability and exposures
- How the corporate shield works
- Indemnity and Insurance
- Nonprofit Governance and Bylaws review
- Nonprofit Board roles, responsibilities, and fiduciary duties
- Running efficient governance meetings
- Conflict of Interests
IRS TAX EXEMPTION
- Mechanics of acquiring 501(c)(3) status
- Distinctions in IRS tax exemptions
- Form 1023 review (line-by-line)
- Assembling the IRS Supplemental Application Package
- Compliance Issues
At this time, online registration is only available when paying through PayPal.
Attorneys: Eligible for 3 CLE Credit Hours.
Wednesday, April 06, 2022
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.