News, legal issues, events, and everything in between, this blog provides a platform to express all things art and entertainment occurring in the media and Georgia community. We welcome all voices, legal and creative.
- Copyright Infringement in Fan Fiction - In December 2015, Paramount Pictures Corp. and CBS Studio Inc. filed a copyright infringement complaint against Axanar Production Inc., creator of a Star Trek fan film “Prelude to Axanar,” accusing the fan film creators of infringing upon the original Star Trek’s copyrights. Plaintiffs asserted in their complaint that defendants have… read more →
- Board Games & Intellectual Property - By: Zachary Swartz, 3L Law Student at Emory University It may sound odd, even to those in the field, but board games are patentable. Even one of my intellectual property teachers didn’t believe me when I first told her. But it is true. One of the best ways to protect a… read more →
- Copyright Infringement and YouTube - Authors upload content constantly to YouTube. Occasionally, authors and media users may receive a copyright strike. Why might this occur? Copyright protection is provided by law for any work of original authorship fixed in any tangible medium. If one merely doodles at home while talking on the phone, then that… read more →
- Provisional & Non-Provisional Patent Applications - What is a U.S. patent? A patent is a right granted by the U.S. government to the owner of an invention that is useful, novel, non-obvious over the prior art, and otherwise eligible for patent protection. The owner of a U.S. patent may exclude others from practicing the invention for about… read more →
- Your Name
- Article Name
- Length: around 3⁄4 of a page, single spaced
- If news related, your blog post must contain at least two (2) hyperlinks to outside sources. We encourage more.
- Include a relevant picture which clearly states the owner/license associated with the image
- **Make sure the image is in the public domain, free to use, or allows use with attribution**
- Include a short summary of your post in 50 words or less
- You are encouraged to include a list of “keywords” or “metatags” appropriate to the content of your blog post
- 12 pt Times New Roman font
- 1” margins
- Review and edit before submission
- Include in a brief bio about yourself
Remember to submit blog posts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: GLA BLOG POST). Thank you for your interest.
*GLA reserves the right to edit and/remove content. Any content submitted is subject to reproduction on GLA’s other social media platforms.